UNM Medical Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Accounting Tech
at UNM Medical Group
UNMMG Locum Tenens
Commensurate with experience
# of Openings:
Job Code/Title: B2024/ Senior Accounting Tech
FLSA : Non- Exempt
BEST CONSIDERATION DATE: OPEN UNTIL FILLED
UNM Medical Group, Inc. (UNMMG) is the practice plan organization for physicians and other medical providers associated with the UNM Health Sciences Center. UNM Medical Group, Inc. is a New Mexico non-profit corporation and is an equal opportunity employer. UNMMG offers a competitive salary and an attractive benefit package which includes medical, dental, vision, and life insurance as well as tuition assistance, paid leave and 403b retirement for benefits eligible employees.
The Locum Tenens/Specialty Extensions program is seeking a dedicated, enthusiastic candidate with an overachieving attitude and enhanced work ethic to fill the role of our Accounting Tech position. The chosen candidate must be detail oriented, analytical, deadline driven, and be able to handle multiple tasks at once.
The incumbent will work closely with Program Manager to ensure accurate, precise entry, tracking, preparation and administration of Department’s budget. Duties will also include (but not limited to) processing of monthly invoices, payroll, travel reimbursements, and procurement.
We are looking for a team player with a positive attitude to join an ambitious driven, hardworking team.
If this position interests you, the Locum team would like to hear from you!
The following statements are intended to describe, in broad terms, the general functions and responsibility levels characteristic of positions assigned to this classification. They should not be viewed as an exhaustive list of the specific duties and prerequisites applicable to individual positions that have been so classified.
Performs basic accounting functions in support of accounts payable, accounts receivable and employee reimbursements. Establishes ledgers, prepares billing and payable documents, records and posts transactions and ensures transactions are processed timely. Reviews expense reimbursement documentation for accuracy and ensures adherence to policy. Investigates and resolves problems related to expenditures, receivables, and/or procurement practices. Provides assistance in the development, implementation, and management of fiscal systems and procedures, applying basic concepts, methods, and techniques. May serve as unit/area transaction initiator or requisitioner.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Initiates expenditure documents for approval; and ensures expenditure control and compliance with organizational purchasing requirements and standard accounting procedures.
- Constructs routine spreadsheet applications, prepares financial data for input into finance and subsidiary systems, and generates reports from these systems.
- Prepares regularly scheduled and special billings, maintains records, researches and resolves problems and responds to questions.
- Reviews and initiates reimbursements for approval. Ensures appropriate supporting documentation is provided. Researches discrepancies and coordinates resolution with employees and/or department managers.
- Analyzes, reconciles, balances, and maintains accounting records; develops special financial reports.
- May coordinate and monitor data processing batches including suspense control, cash counts, and balancing.
- May supervise and/or lead lower graded staff and/or student employees.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Minimum Job Requirements
High school diploma or GED with at least 5 years of experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified. Verification of education and licensure (if applicable) will be required if selected for hire.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Ability to analyze and interpret financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and/or projections.
- Account balancing and reconciling skills.
- Knowledge of standard accounting principles, methods, and applications, or bookkeeping fundamentals.
- Ability to set up and maintain financial accounts and ledgers.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Knowledge of computerized information systems used in financial and/or accounting applications.
- Working knowledge of MS Excel spreadsheet software to quantify and illustrate routine financial reports, statements, and/or projections.
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control procedures.
Conditions of Employment
- Must be employment eligible as verified by the U.S. Dept. of Health and Human Services Office of Inspector General (OIG) and the Government Services Administration (GSA).
- Must pass a pre-employment criminal background check.
- Fingerprinting, and subsequent clearance, is required.
- Must provide proof of varicella & MMR immunity or obtain vaccinations within 90 days of employment.
- Must obtain annual influenza vaccination.
- If this position is assigned to a clinical area, successful candidate will be required to complete a pre-placement medical evaluation/health screen. Required N-95 mask fitting, testing, vaccinations to include annual TST, Tdap, and Hepatitis B will be determined based on location and nature of position.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
- No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
- No or very limited physical effort required.