Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at TBK Bank
The Credit Department of TBK Bank, SSB seeks a qualified Commercial Credit Analyst whose responsibilities include: (i) underwriting credit approval requests for both prospective and existing clients; (ii) working with lending units to ensure ability to accurately evaluate and act on credit applications in a timely manner; (iii) performing ongoing monitoring on existing credits to assist TSB in assessing quality of loan portfolio.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Obtains and analyzes financial, credit and collateral data to evaluate the current commercial and commercial real estate loan portfolio and assist loan executives and sales executives on loan requests in order to approve or deny applications
- Analyzes financial information received from borrowers and other sources, such as reporting services, credit bureaus, other companies and current credit files to determine trends for collectability and profitability of loan
- Produces initial credit analysis for business unit (lender) review, underwriting, approval process. Supports various lending departments, including: Commercial Loan, Equipment Finance, Mortgage Warehouse, ABL, etc.
- Ensures open communication and collaborative efforts exist between the lending teams and the credit staff by clearly communicating progress and/or needs in a timely and precise manner
- Supports loan and credit facility production staff in preparation of written credit proposals and presentation to various credit committees
- Ensures that all transactions either conform to the Loan Policy or ensure that all policy exceptions are disclosed in credit proposal
- Ensures existing credit relationships adhere to loan covenants and conditions and that required information is obtained in a timely manner
- Reviews incoming financial statements on existing customers, updating financial spreads and communicating any concerns with Credit Manager
- Other duties, as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree is required, with a major in Accounting or Finance preferred
- 1-3 years of experience in commercial credit underwriting needed
- Strong financial statement analysis and writing skills a plus
- Banking or Financial Services experience, preferred
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Ability to read and interpret financial statements and budgetary documents
- Strong organization, interpersonal, communication skills are required
- Attention to detail and mental concentration are necessary
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Problem solving and decision-making skills are essential
- A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required
TBK Bank, SSB, a subsidiary of Triumph Bancorp, Inc. (Nasdaq: TBK), is a Texas-state savings bank headquartered in Dallas, Texas that offers consumer and commercial banking products from our 61 branches throughout Iowa, Illinois, Colorado, Kansas, New Mexico, and Texas. We also serve a national client base through our Triumph Commercial Finance division, which offers factoring, equipment lending, asset based lending, and premium finance solutions for independent insurance agents. We offer discount factoring through our Advance Business Capital LLC, d/b/a Triumph Business Capital subsidiary and insurance through our Triumph Insurance Group, Inc. subsidiary.