Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Credit Analyst Intern
at TBK Bank
The Credit Department of TBK Bank, SSB seeks a Credit Analyst Intern whose responsibilities include: (i) spreading & analyzing financial statements for both prospective and existing clients; (ii) obtaining third part credit reports for prospective and exiting clients; (iii) complete internal credit training material; (iv) discussing loan opportunities with the credit analyst team; (v) attend departmental credit meetings.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
- Assist in analyzing financial, credit and collateral data to evaluate the current or potential commercial and commercial real estate loan opportunities.
- Assist in analyzing financial information received from borrowers and other sources, such as reporting services, credit bureaus, other companies and current credit files to determine trends for collectability and profitability of loans.
- Support loan and credit analyst staff in preparation of written credit proposals and presentation to various credit committees.
- Review incoming financial statements on existing customers, updating financial spreads and communicating any concerns with Direct Supervisor.
- Attend departmental credit meetings.
- Participate in lender calls facilitated by members of the credit team.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Actively pursuing or recently graduated with a Bachelors degree in Business, Accounting or Finance, having completed Junior year at a minimum
- Intern summer program for:
- Upcoming Seniors (summer before 1st semester of Senior year)
- Seniors (summer before final semester of Senior year)
- Recent graduates (within 12 months of graduation)
- GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Intern summer program for:
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Strong organization, interpersonal, communication skills are required
- Attention to detail and mental concentration are necessary
- Problem solving and decision-making skills are essential
- Highly motivated applicants are desired
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office: Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Basic knowledge of banking procedures and an interest in working in the Financial sector.
- Must possess strong communication skills – written and verbal.
- Must be highly organized, detail oriented, analytical, self-motivated, a self-starter and possess a team attitude.
- Flexibility and adaptability to approach different challenges within project work.
- Problem analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to multitask.
Internship is non-exempt, $18/hour, 40 hours/week program.
Housing and relocation is not provided.
We offer consumer and commercial banking products from our 18 branches throughout eastern Iowa and Illinois and 34 branches throughout Colorado and western Kansas. We also offer deposit products through our Dallas branch. Our lending capabilities include commercial real estate, mortgage warehouse lending and other general business lending.
Through our Triumph Commercial Finance division, we offer asset based lending, equipment finance, legered lines of credit and insurance premium financing throughout the United States. We also offer discount factoring through our Triumph Business Capital subsidiary and insurance through our Triumph Insurance Group subsidiary.