Volunteers of America
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Volunteers of America
Eden Prairie, MN Office
Come make a difference! Volunteers of America is one the nation's largest and most comprehensive human services organizations. Since 1896, our ministry of service has supported and empowered America's most vulnerable groups, including at-risk youth, the frail elderly, men and women returning from prison, homeless individuals and families, people with disabilities, and those recovering from addictions. We are one of the nation's largest nonprofit providers of quality, affordable housing for low and moderate-income households and persons with special needs.
1. Responsible for the completion of financial statements for multiple Healthcare Facilities.
2. Provide daily support on financial and accounting matters to Operations, Accounting Department, Facility Executive Directors and Business Office Staff.
3. Prepare for the annual audit. Reconcile accounts and prepare audit work papers.
4. Research and provide budget numbers for several accounts for appropriate facilities.
5. Medicare & Medicaid Cost Reports for appropriate SNFs
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting or related field, CPA preferred.
- 4+ years of professional experience, at least three (3) of which should include general ledger and financial reporting.
- Previous experience in health care accounting.
- Previous supervisory experience.
- Public accounting/audit experience preferred.
- Proficiency with various accounting software, including Microsoft Office and computerized accounting systems designed for companies in the $50-$250 million (revenue) range.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to effectively delegate, manage and motivate other employees and outside contacts in relation with housing development.
- Good vendor management skills, including negotiating skills and ability to influence as needed.
- Good interpersonal skills to work with others. Ability to communicate clearly both in writing and verbally. Capable of developing communications, trainings, and presentations. Able to present or train individuals or large groups in a variety of methods.
- Sound and accurate judgment with an ability to support and explain reasoning for decisions. Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; and ensure timely decisions are made.
- Ability to work flexible hours. Ability to travel is required.