Volvo Group Global
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Volvo Group Global
The purpose of this job is to provide timely and accurate payment processes for all accounts payable expenses, as well as to contribute to good vendor relations.
- Obtain and verify documentation to process payment for accounts payable
- Verify incoming A/P batches for accuracy
- Perform required data entry functions processing A/P
- Print and distribute A/P checks on timely basis
- Ensure that policies and procedures are applied to payment processes
- Perform research and problem solving for vendor account reconciliation
- Provide reporting to upper management as required
- Safeguard physical supply of checks, restricting access
- Keep A/P records on file for easy access by accounting department
- Shred voided checks
- File forms 1099 at year end
- Set up and maintain all vendor records including scanning Forms W-9, this helps with accuracy of Form 1099
- Communication: Listening effectively, transmitting information accurately and understandably, and actively seeking feedback nondefensively.
- Customer Focus: Understanding and meeting the needs of customers and addressing the interests and concerns of all organization stakeholders.
- Ownership / Accountability: Taking the lead in getting the job done and accepting responsibility for personal actions, costs, and results.
- Attention to Detail: Monitoring adherence to standards and actively checking for accuracy of data received or generated before passing it on.
- Dependability/Reliability: Following through on commitments, producing timely work to required -- or higher -- standards, and pitching in to get the job done.
- Quality Advocate: Championing the quality process by reinforcing the organization's vision, quality values, and quality processes and by fostering the continuous improvement of all operational and business practices.
- Proficient in Accounts Payable system on AS400 system
- Knowledge of General Ledger system on AS400 system
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- High School diploma / G.E.D.
- 1 – 3 years accounts payable experience
Imagine yourself working with some of the sharpest and most creative brains in the transport and infrastructure industry, developing cutting-edge technologies and sustainable transport solutions that will change the future of society. Imagine yourself working in a company that really believes that people are its driving force, fostering a culture of energy, passion and respect for the individual.
Imagine yourself working for the Volvo Group, a global leader in sustainable transport solutions which employs about 110,000 employees, has production in 19 countries and sales in about 190 countries. A place where your voice is heard and your ideas matter.
We believe that a work climate characterized by respect for the individual, challenging career opportunities and a healthy workplace, support personal development and make your work stimulating. We believe that diversity and inclusion increase your engagement, generate innovation and business development – and make the Volvo Group a more interesting place to work. We believe that every employee has the capability and the determination to improve our business operations, and the desire to develop professionally. And we believe that responsible business, including environmental aspects, business ethics, human rights and social issues, is our way of doing business.
Together we move the world. Join the Volvo Group Talent Network today!
What is a Talent Network?