Washington Elementary School District #6
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Accounts Payable Technician
at Washington Elementary School District #6
Pay Grade: 4135 (16)
Position Control: 3077
Accountable To: Accounting Supervisor
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Creation/Revision Date: July 10, 2019
Summary: Under general direction, incumbent(s) processes expense vouchers and payments by verifying approval of payment, entering data, posting entries, auditing records, and researching discrepancies. Incumbent(s) generates and reviews reports, memos, and letters, maintains filing systems, answers phones and questions, and communicates with District staff and vendors to expedite payment.
- Verifies that all approvals for payments are submitted. Audits accounting records to ensure compliance with USFR, ARS, and District policies and procedures. Researches and collects supporting documentation to correct identified discrepancies.
- Inputs financial data into various accounting systems and posts entries to the general ledger. Processes large volume of expense vouchers and pays district invoices according to the Uniform System of Finance Reports (USFR), Arizona Revised Statutes (ARS) guidelines and Governing Board policies.
- Communicates with vendors, Purchasing, Accounts Receivable, schools, and other District departments to expedite payment of invoices.
- Answers phones and directs calls to appropriate parties. Answers questions and provides information regarding purchases, vendors, invoices, and payment.
- Generates accounts payable reports and other documentation for reporting purposes and reviews for accuracy.
- Types and composes memos, letters, forms and reports for the Accounting Department department.
- Maintains accounting filing systems such as purchase orders, vendor information, invoices, payment history, etc.
- Performs other duties as required.
To be eligible for this position, an applicant must meet the following required qualifications. Verification of these required qualifications is necessary.
- High School diploma or equivalent (G.E.D.) prior to being hired;
- Two years of accounting, analytical, or budgeting experience.
It is preferred that applicant possesses the following preferred qualifications; however, the following qualifications are not required to be eligible for this position.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The qualifications for this job description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Skills required, but not limited to, for this position include:
- Understanding governmental accounting principals;
- Applying accounting principles in area of assignment;
- Using computer related software applications;
- Utilizing computerized accounting software systems;
- Creating various types of spreadsheet application;
- Demonstrating being a self-starter;
- Engaging and encouraging communication skills while interacting with supervisors, staff, students, etc. to exchange information.
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee frequently is required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The working environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Job Contact Information
Monday, January 6, 2020 12:00 AM
(Mountain Standard Time)