Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Payroll and Benefits Coordinator
at WCSD 92
WILL COUNTY SCHOOL DISTRICT 92
Payroll & Benefits Coordinator
· Associates Degree or higher in a Finance-related field is preferred
· Experience/knowledge of payroll processing & employee benefit programs - Illinois public school experience preferred
· Effective oral and written communication skills
· Technology Proficient; Excel, Word, Google Docs and ability to use District 92 Financial Software
· Ability to work with co-workers and other District 92 staff
· Knowledge of company policies/procedures, benefits package, and payroll processing or the ability & willingness to learn.
Full-Time, At-Will, FLSA Non-Exempt
Assistant Superintendent for Business Services
To prepare and maintain accurate payroll and financial records and administer the District 92 employee benefit programs.
- Administer District 92 payroll. This includes but is not limited to: preparing payroll, maintaining accurate employment records, payroll and deduction records, and attendance records for all employees. Record and update teacher lane and salary changes, manage Aesop absence management for the district.
- Provide new employees with appropriate paperwork for payroll processing.
- Participate in bi-weekly personnel meetings.
- Calculate and distribute all deduction and withholding checks (annuities, credit union, union dues, federal, state, and retirement withholding, etc.)
- Assist employees with payroll related questions and concerns
- Process unemployment reporting
- Prepare all monthly, quarterly, and annual reports relating to payroll and employee retirement.
- Prepare and distribute W-2 and 1099 reports. Report to federal and state agencies.
- Provide data for district auditors, local, state, or federal agencies.
- Administer District 92 employee benefit programs. This includes but is not limited to: All health insurance products, dental insurance, group term life insurance, vision insurance, flexible spending accounts, supplemental life insurance, 403(b) pension program and state pension program, and graduate course reimbursement program.
- Provide new employees with enrollment assistance as needed
- Follow District 92 providers processes for enrolling employees in their benefits programs.
- Use District 92 providers processes to track and process employee status changes to their benefit programs.
- Prepare and maintain employee benefit files, assuring accuracy, compliance, and confidentially.
- Provide census information and reports for District 92 consultants, third party administrators, auditors, and actuaries.
- Assist employees in filing health, dental, vision, life, and other benefit claims.
- Verify the monthly premium statements for all insurance policies.
- Act as a liaison among employees, consultant, and provider to resolve problems related to employee benefits.
- Assist employees in the enrollment of 403(b) annuities, process 403(b) payroll deductions, and produce and distribute the annual 403(b) eligibility notice to all employees.
- Enroll and terminate employees in their selected public pension program and update any pension related changes with the appropriate pension organization.
- Work with and assist the Assistant Superintendent for Business Services in the coordination and implementation of any leave benefits. This includes but is not limited to the following: Disability leaves, FMLA leave, leaves due to a work related injury, and unemployment benefits.
- Manage the process and benefits for any workers compensation benefits.
- Maintain and update the new employee benefits information and enrollment packet.
- Produce reports mandated by the Affordable Care Act and file said reports with the appropriate federal/state agency.
· Perform other duties related to the position as prescribed by the Assistant Superintendent for Business Services
· Maintain professional behavior, appearance, and work ethic to represent the school district at all times
EVALUATION: Performance of this job will be evaluated annually by the administration in accordance with provisions of the Board of Education policy.