Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Audit Senior Data Analyst
at Webster Bank
200 Executive Blvd South-HF433
If you're looking for a meaningful career, you'll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935 by Harold Webster Smith, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families and businesses achieve their financial goals. And while we've grown into a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our customers, supporting our communities, and making a difference in people's lives. We can make a difference in your life, too. By empowering you to build the meaningful career you've been looking for.
Responsibility, respect, trust, teamwork and citizenship are the values on which Webster was founded. Together we call them The Webster Way, and they are what set us apart as a bank and an employer. Guided by these values, we put people first - working hard to live up to our customers, and each other, every day.
- Assist the Audit Senior Manager with the strategic build out of Professional Practices Programs by leading strategic initiatives
- Implement a robust Quality Assurance and Improvement Program, including performing QA reviews of Audits and providing practical recommendations to improve our methodology
- Develop and monitor performance metrics for IA that align to Webster strategic objectives, are engaging to staff, and are based on successful outcomes of departmental activities
- Develop visualizations and compelling, action-oriented presentations for Audit Committee, Executive Management, and IA Leadership
- Create and maintain tools and templates to be used during the Audit Life Cycle
- Oversee aspects of the Audit Life Cycle including Annual Audit Planning, Issues Tracking, and Annual Procedure Refresh processes
- Performing a periodic capabilities and needs assessment with actionable results, including developing a training curriculum and materials to address any skills gaps and ensure ongoing professional development
- Limited travel maybe required (5-10%) and optional compressed work week is available
- Bachelor's degree required, degree in Data Science, Management Information Systems or other STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) field preferred
- CIA, CISA, CPA, PMP, CAP, CFE or other relevant designation preferred
- 5+ years of experience auditing, preferably of a financial services company
- Experience in creating and delivering training a plus
- Exercise a strong working knowledge of audit practices and standards, including the IIA International Professional Practices Framework, risk management methodology and internal controls
- Exercise a strong working knowledge around risk management methodology and internal controls
- Experience writing resilient and high quality code, and exhibit an understanding of visualization design principles
- Problem Solving; someone who is naturally curious, who can find creative solutions to effectively address auditor needs and implement in an impactful way
- Adaptability; need to be able to work in a dynamic environment with shifting priorities, must be detail oriented with a systems mindset, and have strong project management / organizational skills
- Initiative; make continuous progress on the things that matter without specific instructions; find more effective or efficient solutions to existing problems.
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite, including Excel, Access, and PowerPoint is required
- Data Visualization experience with tools such as Tableau is required
- Work experience with programming languages such as Visual Basic, Python, or R is required
- Experience with TeamMate+ Audit Management Software is preferred
- Data Analytics / Business Intelligence experience with tools such as SAS, IDEA, ACL, or Power BI is a plus