Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Webster Bank
200 Executive Blvd South-HF433
If you're looking for a meaningful career, you'll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935 by Harold Webster Smith, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families and businesses achieve their financial goals. And while we've grown into a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our customers, supporting our communities, and making a difference in people's lives. We can make a difference in your life, too. By empowering you to build the meaningful career you've been looking for.
Responsibility, respect, trust, teamwork and citizenship are the values on which Webster was founded. Together we call them The Webster Way, and they are what set us apart as a bank and an employer. Guided by these values, we put people first - working hard to live up to our customers, and each other, every day.
The Audit Supervisor leads internal audits and external audit direct assistance projects under the direction of the Senior Audit Manager and oversees Senior Auditors, Auditors and Associate Auditors. Areas of focus include Finance (Accounting, Treasury, Financial Planning, Procurement), Commercial Banking and Human Resources.
- Identify risks and controls in business processes.
- Lead (and at times, execute) testing of the design and operating effectiveness of controls and compliance with laws, regulations and policies.
- Identify and communicate control weaknesses and instances of non-compliance.
- Develop recommendations to improve the control environment.
- Review (and at times, prepare) detailed audit documentation.
- Prepare written audit reports and issue rating evaluations.
- Monitor business activities and maintain risk assessments.
- Maintain and continuously improve technical auditing and banking industry expertise.
- Develop and maintain cooperative working relationships with senior line of business contacts and external auditors.
- Participate in developing Senior Auditor, Auditor and Associate Auditor technical auditing and banking industry expertise.
- Participate in day-to-day audit portfolio management.
- Contribute to the department's strategic initiatives.
Education, Experience and Skill Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance preferred; other relevant Bachelor's degrees will be considered.
- Strong verbal and written communication, organization, analytical and project management skills.
- At least six years of experience auditing (internally or externally) publicly owned financial services companies.
- Experience using Microsoft Excel, Visio, Word, PowerPoint and IDEA (or equivalent data analytics tools).
- (One or more of) CPA, CFA, FRM, CIA required.
- Technical skillset and/or interest in credit risk analysis and financial modeling preferred.