Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Advanced Financial Analytics Consultant - Pricing Strategy
at Wells Fargo
At Wells Fargo, we have one goal: to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them achieve their dreams. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Our foundation for success can be summarized in three beliefs: Our product is service. Our value added is financial advice and guidance. Our competitive advantage is our people. We've built our team of top professionals by rewarding their accomplishments and ensuring they have what's needed to succeed.
Enterprise Finance & Information Technology offers technology and services that exceed Wells Fargo customers’ expectations and directly enable them to succeed financially. We interact with customers more than 12 billion times a year through in-store, online, ATM, and telephone transactions. We impact customers directly, through systems availability and security, as well as indirectly, through our business partners who offer and deliver a myriad of products and services that meet customers’ financial needs. We provide a competitive advantage for the company through excellence in fundamentals, integrated partnerships, and our talented and engaged team members.
The Consumer Banking Finance team manages the Finance function directly supporting the Consumer Banking businesses, including Home Lending, WF Auto, Personal Lending, and Personal Insurance. The team is responsible for providing proactive consulting support for the Consumer Banking businesses; product pricing and analytics; ownership and insights of financial projections and results; maintaining strong partnerships with Centers of Excellence (COEs); and building a team with deep functional and technical subject matter expertise, that promotes cross functional partnerships and provides expert consultative support to business partners.
The Advanced Financial Analytics Consultant will be responsible for producing complex financial and economic analysis that supports strategic decision making for WF Auto, which is one of the nation’s leading auto lenders for new and used vehicles, offering an integrated financial services solution designed for the dealer community. Today, WF Auto serves more than 3 million customers, has relationships with more than 14,000 dealers, and employs more than 5,000 team members nationwide.
The successful candidate will have a strong background in quantitative analysis with a demonstrated ability to partner with other stakeholders to design and implement creative and practical solutions to problems. The role requires the ability to work independently and balance competing priorities in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
This individual will have responsibility for using complex quantitative analysis and reporting to support fact-based strategic recommendations that help the business achieve its priorities.
Summary Job Description
- Consultant to LOB and enterprise functions, responsible for designing pricing strategies that help achieve business objectives within risk, return and compliance guardrails
- Interpret model/reporting output and advise mid-to-senior level leadership on recommended strategies
- Consult with sales and credit partners to share what is happening at a local market level (profitability, volume, competitive environment), get additional market intelligence from them, and use that information to recommend changes to pricing strategy
- Understand competitor strategies and industry trends in pricing and dealer compensation
- Support LOB partners with financial modeling and thought leadership in the development of business cases
- Support revenue forecasting team with market intelligence to help drive spread and capture rate targets
Other Desired Qualifications
- Advanced SAS/SQL, Microsoft Excel and Tableau skills
- Strong foundation of financial concepts and methodologies (NPV, ROA, ROE, RWA)
- Strong quantitative and analytic skills with high attention to process, detail and accuracy
- Able to logically structure analytical problems and use effective reasoning skills to evaluate financial opportunities/issues
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to present to senior leadership
- Comfortable with ambiguity and change; able to set priorities and execute on projects/assigned deliverables
- Strong business partnership skills
- Understands compliance and risk management requirements for supported area
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.