Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Compliance Consultant 4
at Wells Fargo
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. We focus on three key risk areas: credit risk, operational risk and market risk. We help our management and Board of Directors identify and monitor risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and take appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
Within Wells Fargo Compliance, the Enterprise Testing group is responsible for establishing and maintaining a consolidated Enterprise Testing program at the corporate level. Testing and validation teams are responsible for implementing the Enterprise Testing methodology and standards, and executing group-specific testing. Enterprise Testing and Validation for Consumer and Business Products is responsible for testing and validation activities in the Consumer Bank and PVSI for the Auto, Cards and Retail Services, Customer Segments, and Treasury, Merchant Services, Payment Solutions lines of businesses.
The Compliance Consultant 4 (CC4) role will be focused on the development and execution of compliance and operational risk/control testing reviews across various business processes for Consumer Banking and PVSI. CC4 candidates generally work on more complex engagements and are expected to lead testing engagements and lead other staff assigned to engagements.
Specific Job Responsibilities:
- Design and effectively lead the most complex testing and validation activities with little to no supervision
- Lead development of testing engagements with high levels of complexity, including scope development, sampling strategies, control design evaluation, and testing methodologies
- Act as a subject matter expert regarding testing topics for the Line of Business ("LOB") or LOB functions
- Provide guidance to less experienced consultants on risk management principles, including evaluating the adequacy and effectiveness of control design and control performance during testing engagements
- Identify key business processes and associated controls and independently develop test plans to evaluate them, including those not captured by current compliance risk assessments or current business process procedures and policies
- Interpret regulations and company policies and their applicability to business processes
- Evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of policies, procedures, processes, systems and internal controls; analyze business or system changes to determine impact; identify and assess operational risk issues and assign risk ratings consistent with established policy standards.
- Proactively identify potential risks to Wells Fargo based on research of industry news and consent orders
- Coordinate with review leads on the analysis of potential findings identified during testing engagements, including consultation with appropriate subject matter experts, to identify the root cause of issues, review the adequacy of management controls to mitigate risk, and make recommendations as needed
- Ensure issues and recommendations are clearly communicated to business partners, the control executive team, compliance, Enterprise Testing leaders and any other applicable stakeholders based on substantive evidence compiled during the testing engagement
- Present test results in an objective and unbiased manner, and draft opinions reflecting relevant facts that lead to logical conclusions
- Partner with the Data Analytics team to develop and continuously enhance the use of data analytics and automated testing as a more efficient means of measuring adherence to compliance and operational risk requirements
- Develop and maintain deep and strong relationships with business partners, control executive team consultants, key stakeholders, all levels of leadership, and other team members. Stay tuned with ongoing business process changes, regulatory expectations, customer feedback, etc.
- Elevate the team’s quality of work performed. Review quality assurance feedback and take appropriate actions to address areas requiring attention
- Perform peer-reviews of testing performed to identify opportunities for improvement
- Document work papers sufficiently and write issues that clearly articulate work performed and results obtained
- Assist management with review planning, scheduling, testing strategies, and coverage plan; identify and escalate trends and offer potential solutions
This position requires superior communication skills, strong analytical skills, and attention to detail. The right candidate will be committed to promoting a collaborative and team oriented environment with a bias to proactively helping manage risks to the bank.
Other Desired Qualifications
- Audit or compliance related certification such as the CPA, CIA, CRCM, etc.
- Experience in Audit, Compliance, Risk, and Testing
- Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS)
- Certified Financial Crimes Specialist (CFCS)
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA)
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM)
- Certified Risk And Compliance Management Professional (CRCMP)
- Certified Risk Professional Program (CRP)
IA-Des Moines: 666 Walnut St - Des Moines, IA
SD-Sioux Falls: 4811 N 4th Ave - Sioux Falls, SD
AZ-PHX-Central Phoenix: 100 W Washington St - Phoenix, AZ
TX-Irving: 2975 Regent Blvd - Irving, TX
CA-SF-Financial District: 333 Market St - San Francisco, CA
NY-New York: 150 E 42nd St - New York, NY
MN-Minneapolis: 600 S 4th St - Minneapolis, MN
OR-Portland: 1300 Sw 5th Ave - Portland, OR
NC-Charlotte: 401 S Tryon St - Charlotte, NC
MO-Saint Louis: 1 N Jefferson Ave - Saint Louis, MO
PA-Philadelphia: 101 N Independence Mall E - Philadelphia, PA
AUDIT SERVICES/HR SHARED SERVICES
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.