Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Compliance Consultant 4 (Wholesale Consumer Compliance)
at Wells Fargo
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. We focus on three key risk areas: credit risk, operational risk and market risk. We help our management and Board of Directors identify and monitor risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and take appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
The Wholesale Bank Regulatory Compliance (WBRC) function is a part of the Wholesale Compliance Office within Wells Fargo Compliance and is responsible for providing governance and oversight for the U.S. bank regulatory compliance programs for the Wholesale Banking Group. The WBRC function assesses the comprehensiveness of compliance processes and controls for the Wholesale Banking businesses to adhere to and comply with U.S. banking laws, regulations, and rules and in implementing Wells Fargo compliance policies, standards, and programs. Methods developed to provide for compliance with these U.S. laws, regulations and rules include the establishment and maintenance of applicable policies, standards, programs, and procedures documenting internal controls; implementation of surveillance and monitoring capabilities; provision of training and advisory support; and usage of Key Risk Indicator metrics.
This position will support the Consumer Compliance Program team within WBRC. This candidate will serve as a subject matter specialist for Regulation P, the Right to Financial Privacy Act ("RFPA") and will support other regulatory subjects, projects and initiatives as needed including the Flood Disaster Protection Act ("FDPA"). This position may also assist the FDPA Compliance Manager in executing an independent assessment of the FDPA compliance program for each applicable business, providing guidance to the businesses, and providing advisory support on a transactional basis, as needed. This will include consultation with the Wells Fargo Legal Department for any regulatory interpretation.
Specific Job Responsibilities:
This position includes the following responsibilities:
- Providing consulting and advisory services to the Wholesale businesses on matters involving Reg. P, RFPA and other consumer banking regulations
- Developing a line of sight into the applicable Wholesale businesses to identify, monitor and mitigate risks associated with Reg. P and RFPA
- Evaluating the adequacy of and effectiveness of policies, procedures, processes and internal controls and providing credible challenge to the front line
- Working with applicable Regulatory Source Owners ("RSO"), Legal partners and other interested parties to understand enterprise Reg. P and RFPA initiatives and any potential impact to Wholesale businesses which includes the management and documentation of a quarterly touch point with these individuals
- Working with complex business units and providing in coordination with the RSO, Reg. P and RFPA compliance risk expertise, and consulting for testing programs managed by Wholesale Testing and Validation which may include the review of test scripts
- Support of business led projects/initiatives to identify regulatory risk; will include the review of Business Requirements Documents or other project documentation as required
- Consulting with business-aligned Compliance partners as necessary to develop corrective action plans and mitigation strategies to address identified Reg. P or RFPA process or control deficiencies
- Reviewing and updating the Wholesale group-level Reg. P and RFPA training; providing advisory support to business level Reg. P or RFPA training
- Supporting internal audits or regulatory examinations as needed
Maybe open to other WF HUB Locations for qualified candidates.
Please note: Based on the volume of applications received, this job posting may be removed prior to the indicated close date. If you do not apply prior to the closing of this posting, we encourage you to apply for other opportunities with Wells Fargo.
Other Desired Qualifications
- Expertise in consumer protection regulations with an emphasis/experience in lending related laws and regulations as they apply to commercial purpose lending and an ability to apply that knowledge
- Experience in building/designing a control infrastructure through policies, procedures, guidance documents, and training development
- Experience in Reg P, Privacy and Right to Financial Privacy Act "RFPA"
CORP RISK/CORPORATE RISK
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.