Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Compliance Sr. Associate - Third Party Consumer Law Oversight (TPCLO)
at Wells Fargo
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume prior to submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as "Personal Cell" or "Cellular" in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
TPCLO Group Compliance Senior Associate
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. The team focuses on several key risk types, including conduct, credit, financial crimes, information security, interest rate, liquidity, market, model, operational, regulatory compliance, reputation, strategic, and technology risk.
The group provides leadership, enhances communications, assists with problem identification and solutions, and shares best practices. In addition, the group provides an enterprise-wide view of risk, assists management and our Board of Directors in identifying and monitoring risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and takes appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
Wells Fargo Compliance is the company’s compliance second line of defense function, providing company-wide leadership, standards, support, and independent oversight to ensure that all business groups abide by applicable laws, rules, regulations and regulatory guidance (regulatory requirements), meet compliance responsibilities, and manage compliance risks. Wells Fargo Compliance credibly challenges management decisions, business processes and activities, and evaluates and assesses adherence to applicable regulatory requirements. It provides appropriate analysis, reporting, and escalation to senior management and the Board of Directors, sets minimum standards for the company, and gives advice, guidance, and support for compliance risk management activities across the enterprise.
The Third Party Consumer Law Oversight (TPCLO) team within Wells Fargo Compliance Third Party provides enterprise oversight and guidance to address consumer risks presented by third party service providers (TPSPs). The TPCLO team focuses on risks resulting from consumer financial protection laws and regulations.
This position is for an experienced Compliance Senior Associate to join the Third Party Consumer Law Oversight team in a Consumer Financial Law (CFL) SME support role. This role is to focus on reviews of CFL assessments & confirmation of applicable regulatory risks. This position will partner across IRM and the LOB to confirm regulatory compliance risks & impacts as well as potential enhancements to the existing CFL process.
Job Responsibilities include:
- Serve as a SME for the broader CFL team for consumer facing third party activities, including associated regulatory risks and related internal processes
- Review and provide credible challenge of regulatory risks identified in completed CFL assessments
- Identify consumer financial law impacts and opportunities to reduce regulatory compliance risk in partnership with the LOB
- Provide guidance, review support, and direction to CFL review consultants
- Aide in drafting, reviewing, and/or completing CFL review reports
- Consult with the LOB to assist in identification of applicable controls and/or testing
- Partner with Third Party Risk Management, where applicable, to streamline TRIMS and CFL processes
- Develop and enhance procedures and controls in support of the consumer financial law program, as well as supporting the process to identify emerging risks
- Support strong and constructive relationships with regulators and WFAS
- Effectively managing change and creating a culture of "compliance awareness" where all team members share in accountability.
Other Desired Qualifications
- Operational risk & compliance knowledge with experience assessing risk and the adequacy of policies, procedures, processes and controls
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and adherence to strict deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Ability to assess and communicate issues, implement solutions, and influence change within deadlines
- Third Party risk & TRIMS experience
- Ability to manage conflict and provide credible challenge to leaders when necessary
- Self-starter and demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision, adapt and adjust to changing work priorities and to multitask
- Experience testing policies, procedures and controls
- Team player with the ability to integrate into a constantly changing environment
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.