Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Enterprise Functions Operational Risk Business Oversight Consultant - Enterprise Finance Functions (ORC6)
at Wells Fargo
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. We focus on three key risk areas: credit risk, operational risk and market risk. We help our management and Board of Directors identify and monitor risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and take appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
The Enterprise Functions Operational Risk Business Oversight consultant role is responsible for the independent oversight of front line operational risk management effectiveness of Enterprise Functions. This role is expected to engage with business and risk resources within the front line to influence and challenge risk management activities and decisions. Operational risk is the risk resulting from inadequate or failed internal controls and processes, people and systems, or resulting from external events. Operational risk is inherent in all Wells Fargo products and services as it often arises in the presence of other risk types.
This role will develop specific subject matter expertise, will be considered a thought leader and will assist the business oversight leader with all matters pertaining to Operational Risk coverage and oversight activities of the Enterprise Finance Group. In this capacity, this role reviews and challenges significant Front Line operational risk program execution, including, but not limited to, business continuity, payments, external fraud, information risk management, safety and physical security, transaction processing and execution, third-party risk management and various risk assessment policies and programs.
The Operational Risk professional in this role will also develop detailed understanding of business strategy, the customer base, products and services and other relevant industry issues, frameworks and emerging risks. Assist leadership with strategy development, key driver in execution of the work function, will also serve as a key contact for business partners and staff.
Specific Responsibilities include:
- Oversee and challenge the Enterprise Finance function across all operational risk routines including - plan, identify and assess, control and mitigate, test and validate, monitor and report
- Perform independent risk assessment of the Enterprise Finance function, inclusive of emerging risks
- Review and challenge of the Enterprise Finance function risk acceptances and new business Initiatives
- Use subject matter expertise and industry knowledge to provide independent oversight and credible challenge to the Line of Business’ operational risk management activities
- Direct engagement with the Control Executive teams, Business Management and Independent Risk teams to promote a strong operational risk culture
- Active engagement in key Enterprise Functions risk governance routines inclusive of strategic planning sessions, governance committees and business reviews
- Oversee and challenge the Enterprise Functions front line across all operational risk routines including - plan, identify and assess, control and mitigate, test and validate, monitor and report
- Strategically support the Business Oversight Leader with the performance of an independent risk assessment of the Enterprise Functions front line, inclusive of emerging risks
- Understand, review and challenge the Enterprise Functions front line risk acceptances and new business initiatives
- Identify and escalate to business oversight leadership conflicts with risk management results and expected business outcomes
- Influence appropriate risk management prioritization by the front line to enable the business to meet strategic objectives, while meeting operational risk program expectations
- Evaluate cross-program and cross-group analytics to identify opportunities and best practices to influence stronger risk management practices by the business
- Active engagement with Independent Risk Management (IRM) teams supporting various risk types to ensure appropriate alignment and prioritization
- Develop and deliver oversight content summarizing the results of the independent risk assessment activities
- Develop and maintain relationships with Business Managers, Independent Risk teams, and Group Control Executive teams
- Facilitate IRM-sourced issues to the Enterprise Functions as needed
- Provide a business-centric view to Risk Programs as needed
- Business engagement to drive and effect change
- Partners with both internal and external stakeholders, including resources from all three lines of defense
- Successfully review and challenge business operational risk management practices and outcomes
- Build and sustain a strong risk culture including a balanced approach through working in cooperation and consultation with all lines of defense across the enterprise
- Leverage experience to bring industry leading standards, practices and tools to the organization
Other Desired Qualifications
- Meaningful knowledge of an enterprise risk management framework, including: risk identification, risk appetite and strategy, risk-related decisions, processes and controls, risk analytics and governance
- Strong understanding of a Finance function, business operations, processes, products and customer interactions where they manifest risk
- Subject matter expertise in Enterprise Finance, Corporate Finance and/or Data Management
- Subject matter expertise in Risk Management, Operational Risk, Audit or combination
- Experience with SOX, audit and strategic finance
- Strong interpersonal, influencing, and communications skills with an ability to interact effectively with stakeholders across the organization, which includes virtual, matrixed leadership experience
- Strategic leadership skills to drive alignment across stakeholder groups to develop and deliver repeatable end to end risk management solutions
- Strong understanding of corporate and/or business policies, and programs
- Demonstrated professional ability that embodies the Wells Fargo Vision and Values and leadership competencies
- Proven ability to scope, manage and execute complex risk management initiatives with high quality and timely delivery
- Flexibility and business savvy to navigate a complex, highly-matrixed organization
- Experience providing reporting and updates to senior-level management
- Requires a developed sense for strong relationship management, and can exert influence
- Be articulate and possess a demonstrated capability to organize, scope and execute complex initiatives across a complex, heavily matrixed corporate environment
To be determined
CORP RISK/CORPORATE RISK
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.