Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Financial Controls & Oversight Consultant - IT
at Wells Fargo
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Enterprise Finance drives financial management for the company and maintains and enhances risk and financial controls. Key functions within Enterprise Finance include finance and accounting; Treasury; corporate development, mergers, and acquisitions; Data Management and Insights, the Customer Remediation Center of Excellence, Enterprise Shared Services, Business Process Management, and Corporate Strategy. Enterprise Finance informs shareholders, regulators, taxing authorities, team members, and leaders of the company’s financial performance through earnings releases, investor meetings and conferences, and meetings with regulators and credit rating agencies, following appropriate reporting guidelines. They also maintain and enhance risk and financial controls and lead many of the company’s shared services functions including corporate properties, security, and global services.
Wells Fargo is seeking a highly motivated individual to join a team of COSO testing professionals and will have enterprise-wide exposure to key stakeholders within the external financial/risk/regulatory reporting infrastructure. The Enterprise COSO Testing team is a component of the Enterprise Controls & Oversight (ECO) Group in the Corporate Controllers group.
The IT COSO team within ECO supports the Company’s on-going objective of maintaining an industry-leading information technology control environment and is responsible for the following directives:
- Providing meaningful assessments of IT control environments impacted by financial, risk, and regulatory reporting
- Assessing compliance with Well Fargo & Company’s COSO based policies for IT controls impacted by internal controls over financial reporting (SEC and Regulatory Reporting) and strategic planning for on-going IT control compliance with COSO policies (proactive anticipation of internal control related matters)
- Monitoring new and emerging internal control related guidance and issues and assist with facilitating group-wide training to interested and impacted stakeholders
- Providing consultation and subject matter expertise for process and IT control related matters including evaluating severity of control deficiencies and related remediation efforts
- Providing process and control support and thought leadership for projects
- Interfacing with external auditors, regulators and others on control related matters
- Acting as a change agent for continual improvement of the control environment
This individual will be responsible for the following team directives:
- Performing the following for IT Application Control (ITAC) and IT General Control (ITGC) testing:
- Partnering with IT/LOB Process Owners/Control Owners to document significant in-scope processes according to corporate COSO policy (both process narratives and process flow diagrams). Additionally, assessing the appropriateness and completeness of key risk and key controls identified
- Performing walkthroughs of significant processes and ensure required COSO documentation is accurate and reflects relevant risk and key controls
- Partnering with IT/LOB Process Owners/Control Owners in the creation of process risk assessments (RAM) as well as validating and challenging risk assessment conclusions
- Validating and providing credible challenge to identified shared services, third party service providers, and significant applications
- Performing COSO testing of key ITACs and ITGCs, including design effectiveness assessments and operating effectiveness testing
- Validating and challenging documentation of control deficiencies, including issue description, root cause, unmitigated impact, and corrective actions
- Analyzing the severity of control deficiencies and their impact to internal control over financial reporting
- Validating corrective actions and issues
- Building relationships and collaborating with key stakeholders in the applicable line of business (IT) functions related to assigned process areas
- Assisting with projects impacting the team
Other Desired Qualifications
- Minimum of three years experience in IT audit and/or IT SoX advisory/consulting service or Public Accounting
- Experience with large financial institutions
- Strong knowledge of the COSO and COBIT 5 Frameworks.
- Prefer one or more of the following certifications: CISA, CISM, CISSP
- Practical experience performing and documenting IT audit/IT COSO ITGC/ITAC testing
- Strong critical thinking skills with ability to credibly challenge status quo
- Strong organization and prioritization skills
- Strong relationship management skills; ability to negotiate difficult positions without harming relationships
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.