Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Financial Controls & Oversight Senior Consultant
at Wells Fargo
At Wells Fargo, we have one goal: to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them achieve their dreams. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Enterprise Finance & Information Technology offers technology and services that exceed Wells Fargo customers’ expectations and directly enable them to succeed financially. We interact with customers more than 12 billion times a year through in-store, online, ATM, and telephone transactions. We impact customers directly, through systems availability and security, as well as indirectly, through our business partners who offer and deliver a myriad of products and services that meet customers’ financial needs. We provide a competitive advantage for the company through excellence in fundamentals, integrated partnerships, and our talented and engaged team members.
Wells Fargo is seeking a highly motivated individual to join a team of COSO testing professionals and will have enterprise-wide exposure to key stakeholders within the external financial/risk/regulatory reporting infrastructure. The Enterprise COSO Testing team is a component of the Enterprise Controls & Oversight (ECO) Group in Corporate Controllers.
The IT COSO team within ECO supports the Company’s on-going objective of maintaining an industry-leading information technology control environment and is responsible for the following directives:
* Providing meaningful assessments of IT control environments impacted by financial, risk, and regulatory reporting;
* Assessing compliance with Well Fargo & Company’s COSO based policies for IT controls impacted by internal controls over financial reporting (SEC and Regulatory Reporting) and strategic planning for on-going IT control compliance with COSO policies (proactive anticipation of internal control related matters);
* Monitoring new and emerging internal control related guidance and issues and assist with facilitating group-wide training to interested and impacted stakeholders;
* Providing consultation and subject matter expertise for process and IT control related matters including evaluating severity of control deficiencies and related remediation efforts;
* Providing process and control support and thought leadership for projects;
* Interfacing with external auditors, regulators and others on control related matters; and,
* Acting as a change agent for continual improvement of the control environment.
This individual will be responsible for the following team directives:
* Leading the IT Application Controls (ITACs) or IT General Controls (ITGCs) COSO test work:
- Partnering with IT and business Process Owners/Control Owners to document significant in-scope processes according to corporate COSO policy (both process narratives and process flow diagrams). Additionally, assessing the appropriateness and completeness of key risk and key application controls identified;
- Performing walkthroughs of significant processes and ensure required COSO documentation is accurate and reflects relevant business risk and key application controls / IT general controls;
- Partnering with IT and business Process Owners/Control Owners in the creation of process risk assessments (RAM) as well as validating and challenging risk assessment conclusions;
- Validating and providing credible challenge to identified shared services, third party service providers, and significant applications;
- Performing COSO testing of key application controls and IT general controls, including design effectiveness assessments and operating effectiveness testing;
- Validating and challenging documentation of application control deficiencies, including issue description, root cause, unmitigated impact, and corrective actions;
- Analyzing the severity of application control deficiencies, and their impact to internal control over financial reporting;
- Validating corrective actions;
* Building relationships and collaborating with key stakeholders in the applicable line of business and IT functions related to assigned process areas
* Assisting with projects impacting the team.
Other Desired Qualifications
* Two years of experience in IT audit and/or IT SoX advisory/consulting service at a Big Four/super regional public accounting firm
* CISA, CISM, CISSP certifications
* Practical experience performing IT audit/IT COSO application control testing
* Strong critical thinking skills with ability to credibly challenge status quo; experience with continuous improvement of application control testing processes and results
* Strong relationship management skills; ability to negotiate difficult positions without harming relationships
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.