Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
IT Audit Manager (IT Governance and CIO Application)
at Wells Fargo
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Audit Services conducts audits and reports the results of our work to the Audit & Examinations Committee of the Board of Directors. We provide independent, objective assurance and consulting services delivered through a highly competent and diverse team. As a business partner, Audit helps the Company accomplish its objectives by bringing a systematic disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes.
The Enterprise Technology Audit Group focuses on conducting and coordinating audits of information technology throughout Wells Fargo, including audits of the Enterprise Information Technology Group, the group responsible for providing most of Wells Fargo’s core technology and support for line of business processes and products. The team also covers audits of the Enterprise Information Security group that provides products and services to equip Wells Fargo team members with the tools, knowledge and expert resources to protect Wells Fargo’s infrastructure, corporate data, and sensitive customer information.
The Enterprise Technology Audit Group is comprised of four teams responsible for IT Governance, Information Security, Infrastructure and CIO Applications. The IT Governance and CIO Application teams are looking to fill an IT Audit Manager position to support the coverage of the IT Governance, Risk Management, Access Management and Application Development to include evaluating systems development life cycle, change management, computer operations, and information security risks and controls focused primarily on the application and database layer.
As an Audit Manager, you will play an important and dynamic role in building high-performing teams, connecting with our business partners and regulators, and executing the audit plan. You will monitor the business to identify key emerging risks, and will also support team member development and engagement. Key job responsibilities for this position include the following:
- Supervise execution of multiple concurrent technology audits primarily in accordance with rigorous policy and work paper standards and within tight time frames. May also participate in audits to provide subject matter knowledge/skills and/or to design and conduct tests of internal controls.
- Assess key risks and controls; and design innovative and appropriate broad based coverage across a technology, exhibiting exceptional judgment regarding issue identification, issuing draft findings to business partner management, and drafting and issuing final audit reports with limited guidance.
- Often leads multiple concurrent projects that are generally moderate to large in size and moderate to high in complexity; develops and applies leadership and project management skills.
- Develops valuable and trusting relationships with Wells Fargo business partners.
- Demonstrates subject matter knowledge in critical areas of technology and information security identifies and assesses key risks and controls, and develops effective test plans for engagements as assigned with limited guidance.
- Demonstrates professional skepticism; presents audit results in an objective and unbiased manner, writes opinions that lead to logical conclusions, and escalates significant risks and loss exposures timely to appropriate levels of management.
- As a manager (with direct reports), helps recruit/hire, on-board, and train team members; and provides coaching and interim performance feedback to team members.
- Helps Senior Audit Manager develop and manage the audit plan, schedule resources, and other duties as assigned.
As a Team Member Manager, you are expected to achieve success by leading yourself, your team, and the business. Specifically you will:
- Lead your team with integrity and create an environment where your team members feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them.
- Accomplish management responsibilities which include sourcing and hiring talented team members, providing ongoing coaching and feedback, recognizing and developing team members, identifying and managing risks, and completing daily management tasks.
Other Desired Qualifications
- 8+ years of increasing responsibilities within IT audit, including experience leading and supervising audits (external and/or internal)
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and across all organizational levels, where flexibility, collaboration, and adaptability are important
- Outstanding problem solving and analytical skills with ability to turn findings into strategic imperatives
- Ability to communicate effectively, in both written and verbal formats, with senior executive-level leaders
- Knowledge of information security management frameworks (e.g. COBIT, ISO 2700x, ITIL, NIST Cybersecurity Framework, SANS Top 20 Critical Security Controls)
- Experience analyzing and prioritizing threats and vulnerabilities; developing and implementing information security/technology policies, standards, procedures, and guidelines to prevent unauthorized use, release, modification, or destruction of data; and/or conducting information technology architecture reviews and risk assessments
- High -energy self-starter who thrives in large, complex environments and challenging situations; must have the ability to adapt to change quickly and adjust work in a positive, professional manner; ability to work in a dynamic environment with multiple time constraints
AUDIT SERVICES/HR SHARED SERVICES
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.