Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Operational Risk Manager 4 Regulatory and Audit Relations, Operations Team
at Wells Fargo
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Enterprise Finance drives financial management for the company and maintains and enhances risk and financial controls. Key functions within Enterprise Finance include finance and accounting; Treasury; corporate development, mergers, and acquisitions; Data Management and Insights, the Customer Remediation Center of Excellence, Enterprise Shared Services, Business Process Management, and Corporate Strategy. Enterprise Finance informs shareholders, regulators, taxing authorities, team members, and leaders of the company’s financial performance through earnings releases, investor meetings and conferences, and meetings with regulators and credit rating agencies, following appropriate reporting guidelines. They also maintain and enhance risk and financial controls and lead many of the company’s shared services functions including corporate properties, security, and global services.
Finance group coverage includes: Enterprise and Business Finance, Corporate Treasury, Controllers, Data Management & Insights, Customer Remediation COE, Finance Shared Services, Corporate Development, Shared Services and Corporate Strategic Planning.
Operational Risk Manager 4 - Regulatory and Audit Relations, Operations Team Finance Control Executive Organization
We have an exciting new opportunity crucial to the operations of the Finance Group Regulatory Relations & Internal Audit Coordination Team, within the Finance Control Unit (FCU). Overarching key responsibility is ultimate operationalization of the program which coordinates regulatory inquiries, examinations and internal audits and communications for group-level supervisory activities, to ensure regulatory and audit expectations are being met and consistent across the Group.
The person selected for this new role will:
- Manage complex regulatory requests, including establishing protocols for storage of regulatory request items with multiple lines of business and functions in accordance with Wells Fargo document storage Policy;
- Assist in determining the best practice for secure document transmission with appropriate disclaimer language to regulators;
- Establish an exception process to determine 3rd party access to Confidential Supervisory Information (CSI).
- Assist in establishing protocols and procedures to ensure adherence to Wells Fargo Regulatory Relations (WFRR) Regulatory Relations Policy.
- Create and assist in preparation of group-level reporting that is useful and transparent for the Control Executive and Operating Committee.
- Assist with updates on the status of regulatory examinations and audits, the remediation of regulatory matters (Matters Requiring Attention (MRAs), etc), audit issues, and informal regulatory interactions.
- Coordinate with the Independent Risk Management on a regular basis and keep team informed of upcoming testing plans.
- Establish regular communications with Group Issues Management team within the FCU and ensure information entered into systems, per requirements, is accurate and clear.
As a Team Member Manager, you are expected to achieve success by leading yourself, your team, and the business. Specifically you will:
- Lead your team with integrity and create an environment where your team members feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them.
- Accomplish management responsibilities which include sourcing and hiring talented team members, providing ongoing coaching and feedback, recognizing and developing team members, identifying and managing risks, and completing daily management tasks.
Preferred locations include: Minneapolis, MN; Des Moines, IA; Phoenix, AZ; Charlotte, NC. May consider other footprint areas.
Other Desired Qualifications
- Regulatory experience that could include working directly within a regulatory agency or experience managing regulatory agency activities within a financial services firm, or experience managing external auditing activities within a financial service firm or litigation experience
- Experience managing regulatory agency examinations
- Experience leading enterprise-wide initiatives with the ability to influence, partner, and negotiate with senior business leaders to gain commitment to accomplish regulatory goals
- Experience providing "credible challenge" to business partners when necessary, with the ability to lead through influence
- Experience analyzing and interpreting complex data and information and translating it into clear digestible information for the audience
- Strong leadership, relationship building, and collaboration skills, including working across various lines of business or with multiple stakeholders and with tight deadlines
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.