Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Risk & Finance Core Services Technology Manager - Technology Manager 5
at Wells Fargo
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Enterprise Finance & Information Technology offers technology and services that exceed Wells Fargo customers’ expectations and directly enable them to succeed financially. We interact with customers more than 12 billion times a year through in-store, online, ATM, and telephone transactions. We impact customers directly, through systems availability and security, as well as indirectly, through our business partners who offer and deliver a myriad of products and services that meet customers’ financial needs. We provide a competitive advantage for the company through excellence in fundamentals, integrated partnerships, and our talented and engaged team members.
Risk and Finance CIO organization provides technology to several lines of businesses including Risk, Compliance, Finance, Audit and Legal with a combined technology spend in excess of $500+MM annually and is a 1100+ person global organization. Risk & Finance Technology is part of Enterprise Business Technology team within Wells Fargo’s Enterprise Information Technology Division.
The Risk & Finance Core Services is a horizontal function within Risk and Finance CIO organization and is responsible for delivering data consistently across Risk & Finance. This Technology Manager will report to Risk & Finance Core Services CTO and is responsible for sourcing Product, Transactional and Master/Reference data from the Approved Provisioning Points to Risk & Finance Foundational Platform; and enabling consumption of that data as data services across Risk & Finance. This technology leadership role requires strong big-data technology expertise and domain expertise in Risk & Finance data. This technology manager will lead a team of technology leads, designers, developers, analysts and testers and will have end-to-end responsibility for technology delivery. This manager also be part of the transformation of existing disparate data solutions and capabilities to an integrated, flexible and scalable data platform across Risk and Finance.
The Risk & Finance Core Services Technology Manager (TM5) will:
- Provide technology leadership for data services that deliver Product, Transactional and Master/Reference data across Risk & Finance.
- Design high performing data models on big-data architecture to deliver retail, wholesale, securities & derivatives product data; and customer/party/product/account master reference data as data services.
- Design a solution to support metadata, data lineage and data quality capabilities across the Risk & Finance Core Platform.
- Design and build high performing and scalable data pipeline platform using Hadoop (MapR, Horton Works, Cloudera etc), Apache Spark and Amazon S3 based object storage architecture.
- Design and build the data services on container-based architecture such as Kubernetes and Docker.
- Build and operate the data services platform across Risk & Finance that supports real-time and batch data sourcing/provisioning, data processing, data analytics and BI/reporting.
- Deliver data solutions by collaborating with other vertical and horizontal functions within Enterprise Risk & Finance Technology and broader Enterprise Information Technology groups.
- Build a high performing team from combination of new and existing talent.
- Effectively manage the integration complexity and interdependencies across the enterprise.
- Lead, operate and respond to real time challenges, given the dynamic nature of the business and technology environment.
- Be an effective change agent. Identify new and innovative ways to apply technology to solve data related problems.
- Manage technology delivery in a highly fluid and under external regulatory pressure by adroitly balancing speed of delivery and quality; and minimizing technology risk
- Leverage knowledge of industry trends to build best in class technology to provide competitive advantage.
The preferred work location is AZ-Chandler, MN-Minneapolis, or NC-Charlotte. Preference will be given to those candidates that either currently live in or are willing to relocate to Charlotte, NC or Chandler, AZ with limited to no relocation assistance.
Other Desired Qualifications
- 15+ years of application development and implementation experience
- 10 + years of Risk & Finance domain experience
- 5+ years of experience in delivering data as a service
- Experience with Master and Reference data across Risk & Finance will be a big plus
- Must be knowledgeable in processes and data related to risk and finance functions
- Experience in leading Data Warehouse and Data Analytics applications for Risk and Finance
- Knowledge of Oracle Financial Services Data Foundation (FSDF) Banking & Insurance industry standard data model
NC-Charlotte: 301 S Tryon St - Charlotte, NC
AZ-Chandler: 2600 S Price Rd - Chandler, AZ
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.