Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Audit Manager - Shared Services: Data Innovation & Analytics
at Wells Fargo
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Audit Services conducts audits and reports the results of our work to the Audit & Examinations Committee of the Board of Directors. We provide independent, objective assurance and consulting services delivered through a highly competent and diverse team. As a business partner, Audit Services helps the Company accomplish its objectives by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes.
The Shared Services Audit Team (SSAT)
The Shared Services audit team facilitates a centralized, internal service provider model for supporting audit work across WFAS; including teams that perform traditional audit testing as well as a centralized data analytics work. Our mission is to transform the audit industry through innovation and optimization. We accomplish this by building solutions that help WFAS and Wells Fargo become more Continuous, Complete, and Collaborative in our approach to risk management.
Due to internal promotions and team growth, WFAS is seeking an innovative candidate to fill a Data Analytics Senior Audit Manager (SAM) role. The SAM will be responsible for supporting the strategic direction and implementation of audit activities for our Data Innovation & Analytics (DI&A) audit team within the SSAT team. This position will lead a team of data analysts focused on leading various projects and supporting various WFAS line of business audit teams to build the most effective data analytics solutions for their risk management needs.
The Data Analytics SAM will oversee approximately 10-12 team members focused on delivering risk-based, high quality analytics solutions. The SAM will be responsible for leading the strategy, design, and build of new analytics solutions supporting WFAS. He or she will provide guidance and oversight to ensure is the projects are well planned, executed, and reported in accordance with WFAS methodology. The SAM will be required to work across all WFAS teams and with senior level leaders within WFAS and our business lines building strong partnerships. He or she will also be expected to lead team members providing feedback, coaching, and development guidance.
This position will functionally report to the SSAT DI&A Audit Director and be part of the SSAT Leadership Team.
SAM responsibilities will include the following:
- Provide strong and innovative leadership in the area of data analytics
- Sound decision making abilities and professional skepticism
- Ability to influence risk management practices
- Ability to function effectively in a team environment, leading a team of up to 12 team members
- Ability to contribute to a positive working environment characterized by constructive problem-solving, effective communications and mutual respect
- Being flexible to add projects or shift priorities readily and efficiently
- Leading and enthusiastically sharing the benefits of change initiatives
- Ensuring team delivers quality work on projects requiring a high level of detail
As a Team Member Manager, you are expected to achieve success by leading yourself, your team, and the business. Specifically you will:
- Lead your team with integrity and create an environment where your team members feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them.
- Accomplish management responsibilities which include sourcing and hiring talented team members, providing ongoing coaching and feedback, recognizing and developing team members, identifying and managing risks, and completing daily management tasks.
Other Desired Qualifications
- Proven experience supervising team members who perform data analytics
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, drive analytics innovation, credibly challenge and proactively influence risk and control environments
- Experience driving division-wide strategic initiatives preferably within data analytics maturity model
- Experience executing or leading data analysis using SAS, SQL, or ACL
- Experience implementing continuous auditing and monitoring processes
- Ability to quickly evaluate emerging risks, understand impacts to the audit plan and implement appropriate adjustments to the audit plan
- Capability of building strong working relationships with peers, the line of business, risk management and external stakeholders
- Ability to attract, mentor and develop professionals, including mid-level managers
AZ-PHX-Central Phoenix: 100 W Washington St - Phoenix, AZ
NC-Charlotte: 1525 W Wt Harris Blvd - Charlotte, NC
NC-Charlotte: 301 S College St - Charlotte, NC
CO-Denver: 1700 Lincoln St - Denver, CO
IA-West Des Moines: 1776 Westlakes Pkwy - West Des Moines, IA
MN-Minneapolis: 600 S 4th St - Minneapolis, MN
PA-Philadelphia: 1 S Broad St - Philadelphia, PA
TX-San Antonio: 4101 Wiseman Blvd - San Antonio, TX
CA-SF-Financial District: 420 Montgomery - San Francisco, CA
MO-Saint Louis: 1 N Jefferson Ave - Saint Louis, MO
AUDIT SERVICES/HR SHARED SERVICES
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.