Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Lead Auditor
at Wells Fargo
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Audit Services conducts audits and reports the results of our work to the Audit & Examinations Committee of the Board of Directors. We provide independent, objective assurance and consulting services delivered through a highly competent and diverse team. As a business partner, Audit helps the Company accomplish its objectives by bringing a systematic disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes.
Audit Services is separated into individual audit teams, each led by an Executive Audit Director (EAD). These teams include:
- Corporate Risk and Capital Management, (CRCM) which is comprised of Operational Risk, Compliance Risk, Enterprise Risk, Credit Risk, Capital Adequacy, Basel, and Capital Regulatory Reporting teams.
- Consumer Banking Audit Team (CBAT), supporting consumer businesses, payments, virtual solutions, and innovation. Also includes the Remediation Coverage Program, driving remediation activities across WFAS.
- Enterprise Technology Audit Group (ETAG), supporting information technology and security across the company- for team members and customers.
- Enterprise Functions, which is comprised Finance & Corporate Activities (FCA), supporting Resolution and Recovery Planning, Corporate Treasury, Accounting and Financial Reporting and Regulatory Reporting and Conduct and Sales Practices (CSP)
- Financial Crimes Audit Team (FiCAT), supporting compliance for Bank Secrecy Act, Anti- Money Laundering, Fraud and Global Anti-Corruption.
- Shared Services Audit Team (SSAT), supporting cross-functional activities, including enterprise testing, data innovations and data analytics.
- Strategy & Operations (SAOG), provides operations, infrastructure, guidance, support, development and strategy for all audit teams.
- Wealth and Investment Management (WIM), supporting business lines supporting affluent advising, lending, fiduciary, and investment services.
- Wholesale Banking (WHLS), supporting business lines supporting middle-market, corporate, and institutional businesses.
We offer traditional audit roles on our various line of business teams and non-traditional roles that support teams through audit professional practices, coverage coordination, subject matter expertise, and methodology change groups. While audit skills are a primary need, teams also seek potential candidates who can demonstrate subject matter knowledge of Regulatory Compliance including BSA/AML, Basel, operational risk, data analytics, credit functions, stress testing, model risk, customer remediation, and Information Technology General Controls (ITGC).
- Leads execution of the audit process primarily as auditor in-charge and may participate in audit testing to provide subject matter knowledge and skills.
- Identifies and assesses key risks and controls and develops effective test plans for engagements as assigned with limited guidance.
- Exhibits appropriate judgment regarding issue notification, prepares draft findings to line of business management, and drafts final audit reports for review by the Engagement Supervisor and Senior Audit Manager.
- Demonstrates depth and breadth of knowledge of business lines including operational, financial, regulatory, and technology impact.
- Utilizes knowledge that expands across multiple businesses and in subject matter areas.
- Leads projects ranging in size and complexity based upon level of experience. Evaluates and provides appropriate solutions for problems.
- Demonstrates professional skepticism.
- Presents audit results in an objective and unbiased manner.
- Writes opinions reflecting relevant facts that lead to logical conclusions.
- Escalates significant risk exposures to appropriate levels of management.
Other Desired Qualifications
- Experience leading and providing feedback to staff on audit projects or engagements. Similar to Auditor in Charge responsibilities.
- Specialization in areas such as Regulatory Compliance including BSA/AML, Basel, operational risk, data analytics, credit functions, stress testing, model risk, customer remediation work, and Information Technology General Controls (ITGC)
NC-Charlotte: 1525 W Wt Harris Blvd - Charlotte, NC
NC-Charlotte: 301 S College St - Charlotte, NC
CO-Denver: 1700 Lincoln St - Denver, CO
IA-West Des Moines: 800 S Jordan Creek Pkwy - West Des Moines, IA
MN-Minneapolis: 600 S 4th St - Minneapolis, MN
AZ-PHX-Central Phoenix: 100 W Washington St - Phoenix, AZ
PA-Philadelphia: 1 S Broad St - Philadelphia, PA
TX-San Antonio: 4101 Wiseman Blvd - San Antonio, TX
CA-SF-Financial District: 420 Montgomery - San Francisco, CA
MO-Saint Louis: 1 N Jefferson Ave - Saint Louis, MO
AUDIT SERVICES/HR SHARED SERVICES
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.