Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Lead Auditor - LIBOR Transition Office
at Wells Fargo
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Audit Services conducts audits and reports the results of our work to the Audit & Examinations Committee of the Board of Directors. We provide independent, objective assurance and consulting services delivered through a highly competent and diverse team. As a business partner, Audit helps the Company accomplish its objectives by bringing a systematic disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes.
The Enterprise Functions (EF) Audit team is seeking a Senior Lead Auditor to support their team focused on the London Interbank Offer Rate (LIBOR) Transition Office (LTO). The LTO is charged with developing and directing the execution of a coordinated strategy to transition the numerous LIBOR-based products and processes across Wells Fargo to the new benchmark. Among other things, the LTO will ensure Wells Fargo is appropriately represented on all of the industry groups and regulatory committees related to this topic; that we communicate clearly and proactively with our customers and other stakeholders; and that we manage the accounting, financial, legal and operational risks related to the transition. Specific LTO functions include Chief Program Officer, Derivatives Lead, Cash Products Lead, Head of Financial Impact and Planning, Head of Communications Strategy, and Legal Counsel. Additionally, the LTO Oversight Office serves as the Independent Risk Management function and oversees the LTO’s execution of its risk management responsibilities and independently and credibly challenges the decisions and actions of the LTO.
WFAS’ EF audit team is seeking innovative candidates for their Senior Lead Auditor position. The Senior Lead Auditor Leads execution of the audit process primarily as auditor in-charge and may participate in audit testing to provide subject matter knowledge and skills. Identifies and assesses key risks and controls and develops effective test plans for engagements as assigned with limited guidance. Exhibits appropriate judgment regarding issue notification, prepares draft findings to line of business management, and drafts final audit reports for review by the Engagement Supervisor and Senior Audit Manager. Demonstrates depth and breadth of knowledge of business lines including operational, financial, regulatory, and technology impact. Utilizes knowledge that expands across multiple businesses and in subject matter areas. Leads projects ranging in size and complexity based upon level of experience. Evaluates and provides appropriate solutions for problems. Demonstrates professional skepticism. Presents audit results in an objective and unbiased manner. Writes opinions reflecting relevant facts that lead to logical conclusions. Escalates significant risk exposures to appropriate levels of management.
- Intellectually curious
- Sound decision making abilities and professional skepticism
- Ability to influence risk management practices
- Ability to function effectively in a team environment
- Ability to contribute to a positive working environment characterized by constructive problem-solving, effective communications and mutual respect
- Being flexible to add projects or shift priorities readily and efficiently
- Leading and enthusiastically sharing the benefits of change initiatives
- Ensuring team delivers quality work on projects requiring a high level of detail
Other Desired Qualifications
- Solid knowledge and understanding of audit methodologies and processes.
- Experience leading and providing feedback to staff on audit projects or engagements. Similar to Auditor in Charge responsibilities.
- Foundational knowledge in the follow areas relating to investment/portfolio management, financial reporting and analysis, quantitative analysis, security analysis, equities, fixed income and derivatives, including valuation.
- Years in capital markets, treasury, model validation, and finance functions (in audit, risk management or LOB capacity).
- Ability to develop comprehensive, viable strategy/plan to cover LIBOR initiative, gaining formal and ongoing support from management and key stakeholders.
- Experience in executing or overseeing compliance risk work including oversight of control development and testing for regulatory requirements.
- Project and program management discipline with the ability to manage change/conflicts in priorities effectively while having a tolerant attitude toward ambiguity. This would include the application of knowledge, skills, tools and techniques to project activities to meet project requirements across the following areas: planning, project scope management, project time management, project quality management, project staff resource management, project communication management, project risk management.
- Team building and coordination/collaborations skills with an ability to build effective partnerships across WFAS and with lines of businesses.
- Awareness of Wells Fargo Compliance Program requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, drive innovation, credibly challenge and proactively influence risk and control environments.
- Capability of building strong working relationships with peers, the line of business, risk management and external stakeholders.
AUDIT SERVICES/HR SHARED SERVICES
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.