YMCA of San Diego County
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Accounting Specialist I
at YMCA of San Diego County
Does growing your expertise in Accounting while supporting youth development, healthy living and social responsibility interest you?
At the Y, it’s more than a job – it’s bettering our community.
Ready to join us as a Part-Time Accounting Specialist I?
GROW YOUR CAREER AT OUR Y LOCATION BELOW!
Encinitas – Magdalena Ecke Family YMCA
Y our non-profit organization?
- FREE Complete Gym Membership
- FREE Workout Classes
- FREE Pool Access
- Build Your Resume
- Professional Growth
- Community Involvement
- PART TIME Perks
- FREE Family Membership
- Paid Sick Leave
- Paid Professional Development Opportunities
- FULL TIME - Looking for Benefits? We’ve got you covered:
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- PTO (Sick time, vacation days, personal days and holidays)
- Retirement Contributions
What does this role entail?
- Process and file a variety of invoices, accounts credits and refunds, and registrations
- Receive and distribute daily mail and courier items
- Process employee petty cash and expense reports
- Process and maintain independent contractor paperwork
- Process employee-training registrations
- Generate end-of-Month accounting reports and send to the corporate office
- Track Capital Campaign Invoices and maintain accurate records
- Process daily and monthly amounts into working projections including invoices and membership numbers as required and staff projections
- Process End-of-shift and End-of-day financials
- Attend all branch trainings and meetings as required
What do I need to bring do the table?
- Minimum two years’ experience in related filed and/or position related college course work
- Ability to use 10-key by touch
- Professional telephone techniques and good customer service skills
- Fast learner, flexible and able to take direction
- Good organizational skills and able to work under pressure in busy work environment
- This position requires sitting, standing, and in-putting for extended periods of time
- Ability to travel efficiently to bank for deposits (mileage reimbursed)
- Ability to supervise and train new and full time administrative staff as it relates to job description
- CPR, First Aid and O2 certification required within 30 days of hire and must be from one of the following certifying organization
- American Red Cross
- American Heart Association
- American Safety & Health Institute