YMCA of San Diego County
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Accounting Specialist II
at YMCA of San Diego County
Does growing your expertise in Accounting while supporting youth development, healthy living and social responsibility interest you?
At the Y, it’s more than a job – it’s bettering our community.
Ready to join us?
GROW YOUR CAREER AT OUR Y LOCATION(S) BELOW!
North County – Palomar Family YMCA
Y our non-profit organization?
- Complimentary Y Membership for the entire family
- Opportunities for Professional Growth
- Community Involvement & Development
- Benefits Package
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- PTO (Sick time, vacation days, personal days and holidays)
- Retirement Contributions
- Discounts on Family Programs
What does this role entail?
- Process and file a variety of invoices, accounts credits and refunds, and registrations
- Receive and distribute daily mail and courier items
- Process employee petty cash and expense reports
- Process and maintain independent contractor paperwork
- Process employee-training registrations
- Generate end-of-Month accounting reports and send to the corporate office
- Track Capital Campaign Invoices and maintain accurate records
- Process daily and monthly amounts into working projections including invoices and membership numbers as required and staff projections
- Process End-of-shift and End-of-day financials
- Process 3rd party agency registrations, billing, and payments
- Attend all branch trainings and meetings as required
What do I need to bring do the table?
- Two to three years of recent bank reconciliation experience with a large multi-location organization
- Ability to use Microsoft Office applications with advanced proficiency in Excel and previous exposure to accounting software
- Demonstrated ability to identify issues, investigate solutions and resolve problems
- Commitment to providing outstanding customer service
- Detail oriented self-starter with the ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Experience working in a high volume, deadline driven environment with frequent interruptions
- Employment contingent upon successful completion of background check
- This position requires sitting, standing, and in-putting on a computer for extended periods of time
- CPR, First Aid and O2 certification required within 30 days of hire and must be from one of the following certifying organization
- American Red Cross
- American Heart Association
- American Safety & Health Institute