YMCA of San Diego County
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Accounting Specialist III
at YMCA of San Diego County
Does growing your expertise in Accounting while supporting youth development, healthy living and social responsibility interest you?
At the Y, it’s more than a job – it’s bettering our community.
Ready to join us?
Y our non-profit organization?
- Complimentary Y Membership for the entire family
- Opportunities for Professional Growth
- Community Involvement & Development
- Benefits Package
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- PTO (Sick time, vacation days, personal days and holidays)
- Retirement Contributions
- Discounts on Family Programs
What does this role entail?
- Enforce YMCA Accounting policies and procedures while performing all duties and responsibilities at all times
- Data entry support to branch Financial Analyst related to budget development and contract monitoring as needed
- Establish and maintain a variety of physical and electronic files, record-keeping, and tracking systems as required
- Prepare reports and documentation needed to support internal and external audits
- Populate and submit request for reimbursements claims to funders monthly
- Audit/process employee payables (cash advances, expense reports, petty cash)
- Process and submit accounting adjustments as needed (JV’s, refunds & credits)
- Process and post all branch related income including fundraising income (End-of-Day responsibilities)
- Process and maintain independent contractor paperwork
- Track, maintain and renew vendor contracts and agreements as needed
- Process and track vendor payables including invoices and check requests
- Ensure timely processing and accurate coding of financial transactions across multiple cost centers and funding sources including Federal, State, and local as specified
- Conduct routine audits to maintain integrity of current internal controls processes and procedures
- Perform transaction research and support as needed by the branch Financial Analyst and other management staff
- Research variances between budget vs. actual as directed by the branch Financial Analyst
What do I need to bring do the table?
- Minimum 1-2 years’ experience in related field and/or position related college coursework
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business or related field highly preferred
- Ability to use Microsoft Office applications with a strong proficiency in Excel required
- Previous exposure to accounting software and working knowledge of CCC highly preferred
- Demonstrate ability to identify issues, investigate solutions, and resolve problems
- Commitment to providing outstanding customer service with excellent interpersonal communication skills to interface with both internal and external partners
- Must be detail-oriented with a high degree of accuracy with excellent communication and organizational skills
- Demonstrate initiative, resourcefulness, and problem solving skills
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team
- Must be self-aware, flexible, adaptable, dependable and teachable
- Experience working in a high volume, deadline driven environment with frequent interruptions
- Ability to work under pressure in a busy work environment
- Technical knowledge of accounting regulations, policies and procedures
- Must have reliable transportation to travel throughout San Diego County
- Strong math and research skills
- Ability to work within various deadlines and respond to multiple needs while maintaining flexibility to meet unexpected requirements
- Visual and auditory ability to respond to critical incidents and the physical ability to act swiftly in an emergency situation
- This position requires sitting, standing, and in-putting on a computer for extended periods of time
- Current CPR and First Aid certification required must be from one of the following certifying organizations: American Red Cross, American Heart Association or American Safety & Health Institute