YMCA of San Diego County
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at YMCA of San Diego County
The Financial Analyst is responsible for working with the Border View Family YMCA, Eastlake YMCA, Palomar Family YMCA, and South Bay Family YMCA to develop and report on meaningful financial metrics further driving departmental and organizational goals. This position will be responsible for analysis in key branch operating areas including; Membership, Health and Wellness, Programs (Day Camp, Child Watch, Licensed Child Care, Aquatics, Gymnastics, Teens, Youth and Adult Sports), as well as Fundraising, Building Services, and General Administration.
What a Financial Analyst does...
- Assist in development of annual budget and monthly forecasting process
- Provide meaningful analysis of revenue and expenses including comparisons to prior year, budget and forecast on routine and ad-hoc basis
- Analysis of financial impact of new and existing initiatives and programs
- Evaluating revenue and cost efficiencies in various areas of the organization as needed
- Conduct Ad-hoc analysis and reports to assist all departments
- Distribute standard financial reports to branch leadership
- Host budget meetings with Program Directors Monthly and Branch Leadership quarterly
- Partner with Director of Internal Controls to evaluate and enhance control processes and procedures
- Gather important organization data from various sources and compile it into meaningful reports or dashboard for various stakeholder
- Perform GL reconciliations on an ongoing basis and quarterly analysis of cost pools
- Work with Area Director of Finance to estimate accruals for monthly close
- Provide ongoing training to leadership regarding accounting processes and procedures
- Provide support to Accounting Specialists
- Models the 4 Core Values in all aspects of position responsibilities
- Ability to work effectively with others in alignment with the YMCA 4 core values
What we look for in a Financial Analyst...
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or related field
- Minimum three years’ experience tracking revenue and expenses against the budget and forecast
- Accounting knowledge, with Non-Profit experience a plus
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (emphasis on Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
- Detail-driven and excellent organizational skills
- High level of analytical ability and ability to work independently
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation and oral communication skills
- NetSuite and Adaptive experience is a PLUS
- Requires ability to operate independently and communicate effectively, both internally with staff, peers and management, as well as externally with clients, regulators, and others.
- Must have the visual, physical and auditory ability to act swiftly in emergency situations.
- CPR and First Aid certified upon hire and must be from one of the following certifying organizations: American Red Cross, American Heart Association or American Safety & Health Institute.