YMCA of San Diego County
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Fleet Operations & Compliance
at YMCA of San Diego County
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 13550
Categories: Accounting/Auditing, Management - Mid-Level (Manager, Director), Management - ALL CATEGORIES
At the Y, it’s more than a job – it’s bettering our community.
Ready to join us?
Y our non-profit organization?
- Complimentary Y Membership for the entire family
- Opportunities for Professional Growth
- Community Involvement & Development
- Benefits Package
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- PTO (Sick time, vacation days, personal days and holidays)
- Retirement Contributions
- Discounts on Family Programs
What does this role entail?
- Manage the fleet operations
- Design a training program for transportation supervisors & coordinators
- Provide leadership to branches to ensure drivers are properly trained and vehicles/buses meet all regulatory requirements
- Liaise with governing bodies related to inspections and standards
- Develop, provide and evaluate required training staff driving skills annually
- Responsible to help manage the associations budget
- Evaluates and makes recommendations on efficiency ideas and cost reduction measures
- Assist branches with sourcing and negotiating contracts for summer busses
- Conducts vehicle assessments and inspections for the purposes of repairing vehicles
- Ensure that all vehicles/buses meet all applicable requirements and scheduled preventative inspections from an authorized mechanic
- Document/track all maintenance records
- Facilitates the procurement of equipment, supplies, and materials
- Monitor on a daily basis, the transportation services at multiple sites within the Association
- Develop planning and monitoring tools,
- Ensure that risk management/fleet safety systems are in place and coordinates efforts with safety department
- Ensure branch compliance of driver documentation
- Perform the functions of bus driver as needed for the purpose of meeting the transportation needs of the association as required in an emergency
- Participation in annual support campaign
What do I need to bring do the table?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management, Supply Chain Management, Transportation or similar major; equivalent combination of education and experience would be considered
- Credentials/Certifications: Current CA Class B Driver’s License, valid DL 51A Medical certificate, current CDL H6 print-out (dated within 30 days of application), T-01 card, air brakes & passenger endorsements (transit qualified), school bus certificate, and DOT HazMat Certification
- Must have at least 10 years of fleet/transportation management experience, 3 years bus driving experience, and 3 years of supervisory experience
- Knowledge of student and commercial bus transportation regulations & best practices
- Basic knowledge of gasoline and diesel engine maintenance & operations
- Pass pre-employment & random drug testing as required by the DOT
- Criminal record clearance and vehicle proficiency exam
- Demonstrate knowledge of Microsoft Word/Excel/PowerPoint/Outlook, and ability to learn new software/programs
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations; Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals; Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public
- Visual & auditory ability to respond to critical incidents and the physical ability to act swiftly in an emergency
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- CPR/AED, including Adult and Child/Infant, and First Aid certification required within 30 days of hire and must be from one of the following certifying organization:
- American Red Cross
- American Heart Association
- American Safety & Health Institute
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!