YMCA of San Diego County
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at YMCA of San Diego County
Does growing your expertise in Accounting and Payroll while supporting youth development, healthy living and social responsibility interest you?
At the Y, it’s more than a job – it’s bettering our community.
Ready to join us?
The Payroll Administrator is based out of our McGrath Family YMCA and requires travel throughout San Diego County.
Y our non-profit organization?
- Complimentary Y Membership for the entire family
- Opportunities for Professional Growth
- Community Involvement & Development
- Benefits Package
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- PTO (Sick time, vacation days, personal days and holidays)
- Retirement Contributions
- Discounts on Family Programs
What does this role entail?
- Executes bi-weekly payroll functions in compliance with external regulations and internal policies for the entire organization
- Reviews timecards for all employees to make sure there are no errors
- Prepares payroll reports and authorization forms in a timely manner, and submits to management team for approval
- Ensures that all standard deductions/ benefits are deducted from paychecks
- Tracks vacation and sick hours to ensure that they are accurately listed on paystubs
- Prepares and submits payroll documents
- Ensure payroll data integrity as well as timely payroll processing
- Adheres to all state and federal regulations for payroll processing
- Explains payroll processes to new employees
- Responds to inquiries from employees about salaries and wages
- Processes overtime payments
- Address discrepancies surrounding payroll issues
- Keeps up to date on changes in company tax status
- Assist finance department in preparing for an audit
- Communicates and interact with finance and human resource experts and managers to ensure that employee records and accounts are in line
- Assist with the administration of certain company benefits
- Reconcile the quarterly and year-end tax returns, and W-2’s, completed by the payroll provider to ensure accuracy of reporting and payments
What do I need to bring do the table?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business, preferred
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP), preferred.
- 2-3 years of experience managing and/or processing payroll experience
- Working knowledge of UltiPro and Kronos, a plus
- Experience in MS Office Suite with an emphasis in Excel is required
- Strong analytical skills and strong working knowledge of general payroll protocols, accounting principles and Federal, State and local regulations
- Must be able to maintain utmost confidentiality
- Must have excellent attention to detail, time management skills, the ability to work independently and successfully manage projects from start to finish
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Works well with a team to expedite audits and tax preparation
- Must be able to travel throughout San Diego County
- CPR, First Aid and O2 certification required within 30 days of hire and must be from one of the following certifying organization
- American Red Cross
- American Heart Association
- American Safety & Health Institute